For soft lips during all seasons. Healthy, organic and healing at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons organic and unrefined shea butter or organic cocoa butter
- 2/3 drops organic essential oils of choice, like organic peppermint essential oil (optional)
- 2/3 drops organic orange essential oil (optional and use no citrus fruit essential oils when you are sun bathing)
- Melt the shea or cocoa butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the organic essential oils of choice.
- Test the scent with your finger or on the skin of your wrist to make sure you like it. Add more if needed.
- Use a pipette or glass dropper to quickly transfer the mixture to the lip gloss containers or whatever container you are using. You can make them in plastic lipstick tubes or little plastic lip balm containers. If you want to keep it simple, little glass jars also work.
Let it cool for an hour or so.
We prefer to use shea butter as the main ingredient as it dissolves quickly. You can also use this lip balm on your face or hands when you need some extra care. It will make sure your skin is protected and nourished. It will heal all skin conditions when you apply it multiple times a day.