Have you ever dropped your favorite blush, bronzer or eyeshadow? Don’t trow it away, because there is a way to fix it.
Here is what you need:
- A shattered compact powder
- Rubbing alcohol 70 %
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towels
- Something to smash the powder with, I used a toothpick and a spoon.
- And a cotton swab
1. Put all the broken powder into a bowl or put it in the lid of the product, I did this by using a toothpick.
2. Clean the container.
3. Wrap some plastic wrap around the blush to avoid a mess and begin smashing the blush into a fine powder. Small chunks are okay. You can use any small tool that won’t puncture the plastic wrap or you can use your finger.
4. If you’re done with that put it back in your empty makeup container. And you can press it in the right place with your finger or the back of a spoon. (I had to much product left that didn’t fit in the container, so I saved it for later when this one is empty so I can refill it.)
5. You need to put a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the powder and it will look like a paste. Smooth the paste out with the back of a spoon.
6. Let it dry for about 15/20 minutes.
7. When it’s dry you take a paper towel and place it over the paste, lightly press on it with the back of a spoon or something with a flat surface, so it can absorb some of the rubbing alcohol. Continue dabbing until no more alcohol comes through.
8. Take a cotton swab and clean the edges.
And there you have your old pressed powder.